Sunday, February 17, 2013

Takahiro Kimura

Takahiro Kimura was born in Tokyo, Japan in 1965.
He studied painting and graphic design at Salesian Polytechnic, and then studied drawing, landscape painting and fashion drawing at Setsu Mode Seminar.

Since 1991, Takahiro Kimura has been creating his own unique style of collages that strives to show the complicated nature of the human spirit through peculiar physical distortions.

His collages are made by cutting up photos and rearranging them into a collage to which color is then applied, thereby creating a whole new visage with an unforgettable impact.

Artist's Statement: 
The main motif of my artworks is Human Faces.
Though I am quite interested in various aspects and contradictions which people have inside, I attempt not to think about them in the stage of creation. I’d rather devote my attention to force of line and exquisite balance of form, mass, composition and color so that sense of existence of my works, which are inclusive of said factors, can stand out.

If I hold up the emotion of human being, which is so complicated and elusive, as theme of my work, the work will be unable to catch up with the emotion and the work will be undistinguished. Therefore, in a state of selfless, I command not feeling but solely my aesthetic sense and attempt to create my work.

And then if you feel some complicated emotions of human beings are expressed out of my work [faces], it might be projections of what you have inside. The broken faces might be mirrors to reflect your emotions.






No comments:

Post a Comment