Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lauren Marx

As a 20-year-old student at Webster University in St. Louis, Missouri, Lauren Marx has created a series of painstakingly detailed drawings of decaying biological life in ballpoint pen and ink.

I wanted to illustrate this violence of the cosmos by turning them into some of the most complex masses they have created: biological life. The relationship that I have been using over the past few months to illustrate my concept was that nebulae are represented as mammals, stars as birds, and insects as the elements.




click images to enlarge












Thanks to Andy Morrissey for introducing me to the work of this young artist.  
Andy is a senior illustration student in my Subversive Style elective course at







2 comments:

  1. is there any way to order prints of these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joshua= You would need to contact the artist about ordering prints.

      Delete